Most of you who know me, know that I don't make a huge production of Birthday Parties. I'm not the kind of person that feels the need to put on a big affair for birthdays. I would rather spend my time and energy on something that I feel has more of an eternal impact. Don't get me wrong. Birthdays are very important and I have my own special things that I like to do with the kids, to make them feel very special but I think a cake and ice cream birthday, that is short and sweet, with the family and friends, is perfect.Saturday night was Tyler's short and sweet birthday party. As always my brother Paul decorated the cake. The birthday boy got to pick how it was going to be decorated. He decided on Spider Man. He was so excited to see his cake. When it arrived he was not disappointed! Uncle Paul did a GREAT job again.
Of coarse a birthday party would not be complete with out the opening of the presents. Like always big brother Micah is right there making sure Tyler is doing a good job. It is always fun to watch the personalities of your children.Micah is the organizer/worker. Tyler is the one who wants things done a certain way...but he wants you to be the one doing them. Jilli loves to be the center of attention, but doesn't every girl?? At the end of the day, they are the miracles that God has blessed us with. 

God has a plan for each one of them, He made their personalities for a specific job that He is going to call them to do. It's our job as parents to equip them to do those jobs. An awesome responsibility that I fall short of every day. I am so thankful for God's grace that makes up for all my shortcomings! If I was a perfect parent.....they wouldn't need God.
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment