I started the bake-a-thon yesterday morning. I had 48 banana's that I had in the freezer. Some of you might be wondering how I acquired so many banana's. Well, Meijers sometimes has a rack of banana's that are at a reduced price when they are getting old. So I pick them up and throw them in the freezer for later use. Yesterday was my "later use".

When I started baking I had no idea how many banana's I had until I started counting. I also didn't know I was going to go through over 10lbs of flour, 1 1/2 cans of Crisco, almost 2 dozen eggs and a gallon of milk. Micah and I worked really hard at getting all 11 batches of banana bread mixed while Tyler was out having lunch. We used this time as part of school too. Micah's job was to measure out all the flour, sugar and mash the banana's. I didn't stand over him as the flour was launching into to air and sugar was falling on the floor. As a result the kitchen was a mess!!

I love this picture of Micah, because his face says so much. "Are you sure this mess is OK, I'm not going to get in trouble am I??" We did have a lot of fun making this mess. However, cleaning up was another story.
It was a great learning experience. I also taught Micah how to bake a little bit more manly... When in need of another mixer grab a cordless drill! It works great, has a lot of speed and has a quick clean up time. He thought that was great, because he could use a tool that his Daddy uses but with Mommy. Anyone who question's this practice should try it, it really works!

It was a long day, at 7pm I backed up the batter, and headed off to play volleyball with my hubby. I started back up again this morning and after spending two days baking, I have 26 loaves of banana bread. Hopefully that will last us a very long time. But if nothing else, Micah and I had a fun time baking, making a mess and then cleaning up. Thank You Micah for all your help!
Blessings!

No comments:
Post a Comment