Since Jen and I both agree that it is easier to cut hair off than to glue it back on, we decided to do it in stages and see what I liked. We had at first, a picture we were working from but by the time I went back the third time (yes, I said 3 times) we were working off about 6 different pictures of haircuts that I liked. Every time I went back it was because I loved the cut, but I wanted it shorter. Every time Jen would say OK, and she would take a few more inches off my hair. Third time is the charm, right?? Well, I say Yes! I went from hair that would take me 30 min to dry with the blow dryer and then another 30 to style it (at least 1 hr total)...to...5 min to dry and 5 min to style and if I want to go a little more funky, then it might take me 10 min to style.
The whole time Jen was a trooper, she would put a full day in with 4 kids (which she homeschools) and then welcome me into her home after the kids went to bed. She would cut my hair as we discussed the days issues, solved problems, and shared wisdom. To me it was so much more than just a haircut, we were bonding without the noise and interference of kids. It was, for me, a great escape, but I didn't have the job of cleaning up all my hair!

Thanks Jen!
(the back of my hair is kind of messy/spikey and so much fun)!
No comments:
Post a Comment