"Lyn, I want you to get up, go downstairs and spend some time with me." "Uh, Lord, it's 4am and I really NEED to sleep." "Lyn, you need to spend time in My Word and talking to me." "God, do you know what temp my husband turns our heat down too at night??? It is FREEZING downstairs and my bed is SO warm... OK, if I need to pray then I will pray from my warm bed." So I started praying....not quite sure what I was supposed to be praying about (maybe I would have known had I gotten up), I started at the inner circle and then moved my way out. I prayed for my marriage, my children, an opportunity that we are looking into, my Dad, Kevin's Dad and his next surgery (scheduled for Thursday), my brother's and sister, Kevin's brother and sister's, my Aunt (she was just dx with breast cancer), my wonderful church, and anything else that I could think of. The last time I looked at the clock it was almost 5am. Again, I thought that I needed to get to sleep because before I would know it, it would be time for me to get up. So I snuggled down and made a conscience decision to go to sleep, but before I went to sleep I heard..."Lyn, you missed out on a very special time with me, I am glad you prayed, but you did it on your terms, not mine. My Grace covers you..." That was the last thing I heard before my husband woke me up to find out if he had clean jeans for work.
As I am reflecting on my experience, it makes me sad that I know I missed out on a very intimate time with God. I have been quieting myself more, so that I can hear His voice. I have been waiting, expecting to hear from Him and when I do, I tell Him that it too early, I need sleep, and it's too cold. I am so thankful that God's Grace does cover all my mistakes.
During a very tough time in my life, I was in a time of prayer with a very special person. As we were praying, God sent me a picture of a beautiful blue butterfly. It was pitch black and all I saw was this delicate butterfly flying around. God spoke to me and said, "Lyn, I am making you new, see this beautiful butterfly, that's you." Since that day, butterflies have taken on a very special meaning to me. You see, butterflies, start off as ugly catapillers. They kind of give me the willies when I see them climbing around. Then they go through this transformation (in a cocoon), that's the part that God takes ahold of them. Then they come out as this beautiful butterfly. God can take anything and make it beautiful! Even me!
I know that I have a lot of ugly area's in me, but through God, I am made beautiful!
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! 2 Cor 5:17
Just for all of your information. My husband's jeans were clean! ...just not dry....
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment