I won't give you a play by play but I have 24 new quarts of applesauce to prove my busyness. Thanks to my parents who volunteered to help me with my crazy insane idea to buy another 2.5 bushels of apples to sauce. With the way my oldest eats the stuff, I will be out of applesauce by the new year.
This past week has also been a week of friends. Friends are such a blessing to me. I even had an unexpected visit with an old friend...it was nice to reconnect with her. Lots of time spent with friends is like a cool breeze on a hot day for me. Keeps me sane :)
Then yesterday we got to spend time with my family. My brother and his wife came into town for the holidays. The kids were so excited to see them. There is always a countdown in our house as to when we get to see Uncle Timmy and Aunt Melissa again. Even though we were with them just yesterday, the countdown has already started again. The next time we see them we (my whole family) will be traveling many hours for a very special occasion. I think everyone is counting down for our next visit. I can't wait!
Family time took place at Uncle Paul's house which is the coolest house ever. Not only is his house cool, he's cool. Why? Because he talks my boys language and he knows everything there is to know about electronics. And as a added bonus he has a huge bounce house that the kids go crazy in. It gets a little loud and crazy over there, but the kids have so much fun you can't help but smile.
And my nephews are the cutest little dutch russians you have ever seen! Donal is so dramatic. His facial expressions are priceless. At one point he burst into song... "Bad boys, bad boys, what ya gonna do. What ya gonna do when Uncle Timmy comes for you." This was sung in English with a Russian accent. I will have to try and video him singing it. Words just cannot describe the cuteness.
Then there is little Aiden Luke. He didn't know whether to laugh...
...or cry at all of us.
But Uncle Timmy has learned a few tricks in his (almost) 10 years of being an Uncle.Then when Aiden has had enough of the high elevation with Uncle Timmy and he starts getting upset again, Uncle Timmy hands him off to Aunt Melissa..
But no matter what they did, he was done and needed his Momma.
It was a fun night. I even got some tutoring on the new program I have been trying to learn thanks to my sister-in-law. If only we lived closer to each other I could pick her brain more often...
Ok, so now you have had a quick update on my week. Hope to start back up blogging about our day trip to some very cool places we went to in the U.P. last year.
Blessings!!





1 comment:
Lyn, I love the pics! Thanks for sharing. I feel like you take so many but I never get to see them after you've done your magic to them. Can't wait for three more weeks. Mel and I are on the same countdown.!
Post a Comment