Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Off

You ever have an off day?  Well, yesterday was definitely an off day for me and today was kind of a continuation of it.

Just to let you know how off yesterday was... I never even put on my make-up... YIKES!  So those of you who know me well, know that this is pretty major and I even considered going out of the house like that to get milk!!  But thankfully, my husband had to run an errand after dinner which saved me from that most embarrassing situation.

We had been out of milk all day, I made the kids use powdered milk for cereal, almost had vomit on the floor when Jilli tried to eat her cereal with it.  I gave a long speech on how that was the way I ate my cereal growing up.  Powdered milk was less expensive than regular milk, so that is how we saved money.  Deer-in-the-headlights look is all I can say about that talk.

There was a bunch of other little things that happened yesterday that added to my difficult day.  Then today started off with a crash.

When choosing the flooring I wanted in my kitchen, I wanted something the could handle heavy use.  I loved the look and warmth of wood, but when you are dealing with a high-traffic area(3 kids & a dog) you want something that is going to handle the wear and tear.  Also, anytime you are dealing with an area that has water, you want to stay away from wood/laminate flooring.  So... we chose tile.  My only concern was when something (glass) gets dropped on it, it shatters and I mean shatters...

I was on the phone with my Dad, Jilli and Tyler were having a Lemonade party on the kitchen table when crash.  A glass cup hit the floor and shattered.  E.v.e.r.y.w.h.e.r.e  It took me 45 minutes and a glass cut on my finger to make sure that it was all vacuumed up.  It was in so many pieces I couldn't tell what glass cup had shattered.  When I asked, Tyler said "It was my (his) favorite one, the one with all the little flowers on it."  I just stopped, tears filled my eyes.  That was the last little juice cup I had from my Grandma.  It was the glass that I used for breakfast when we went to visit her in NJ every year as a little girl.  It took me a little while to compose myself.  After I had it all cleaned up and the kids were allowed to move about the house again, Tyler walks up to me puts his arms around me and tells me how sorry he is that I lost my favorite cup.  It was so sweet... it made me smile and helped me get over my selfish funk I was in.

 Moving on...

I promised that the next post would be more from Point Iroquois and I hate to break a promise.  So here are some pictures of rock throwing.  Jilli and Tyler were looking for the perfect rock.

 I love how the rest of us were picking little rocks to try and skip. Not Tyler... that boy picks up the biggest rocks he could find.



 Look at Kevin's rock skipping form..  I actually have a still frame video of him skipping rocks, but I will spare you...

That's it for tonight... Praying that tomorrow will be an "on day"..... :)


No comments: