Monday, November 28, 2011

Fears

There are not many things that Kevin is scared of.  When we were first married it didn't take long before I discovered his fear of spiders.  He gets the heebeejeebees from them.  When I hear my name being called about an octave higher than normal, I know I will be on a mission to kill a little eight legged creature. 

It took a little longer to discover his fear of mice.  You can read of his first experience here.  Then I will never forget the night we were spending with friends out at the cottage when Kevin started shrieking like I have never heard before.  He discovered a dead mouse in a cupboard.  He literally ran out of the cottage screaming the whole way. 

It was just last year that I discovered his third fear.  Kitchitikipi... Big Springs.  Kitchitikipi is the largest fresh water spring in Michigan.

You get on a floating deck and then turn a big wheel and it pulls you out over the springs. 
You can look all the way to the bottom which is 40-50ft deep.
When looking down you can see all the trees that have fallen into the water.
The deck had an opening in the middle that you could look into.


There was plexi-glass on one side of the opening so little kids could look safely.
So what was Kevin's fear?  He was scared one of the kids would fall in and then he could watch them sink all the way to the bottom.  I told him if one of them fell in, I would dive in after them.  With the water so clear I could see exactly where they were to save them.  It didn't matter what I said, he couldn't wait to get his family off the raft.
But regardless of Kev's fear, it was beautiful.
______________________

Tonight I was giving my boys haircuts.  It was Tyler's turn.  I get to the front of his head and start cutting off his "wings".  He has colic's on both sides of his forehead that make his hair stick straight out and up.  As I cut off his first wing he says to me.. "Mommy did you just cut off my wings?"  I said yes, then he tells me "I wanted to keep them wings.  I love my wings, they are 17 yrs old, they know how to drive."  I told him I was sorry and his wings would grow back (rather quickly) and then he can see them again.  He seemed to be ok with that.  Man that child comes up with some crazy stuff.

Then later we were putting the kids to bed.  I heard my little girl jumping on her bed.  Just the other day I had told her not to jump and here she was doing it again.  She knew she was busted, but she tried to tell us that she wasn't jumping.  After talking for a little while, she admitted to lying.  We talked about how God calls Satan the Father of Lies and when we lie it makes Satan stronger.  We finished praying with her and tucking her in.  We went downstairs and a short time later we hear little feet coming down the stairs.  She comes up to me and tells me that Jesus spoke to her. I ask her what he said and she said "Jesus said, your forgiven."  ... well you can't argue with that!

Blessings!!

1 comment:

Kaira said...

I'm with Kevin - that raft would creep me out too! I'm sure it is really cool to see down in that water but I wouldn't like it one bit. I'd be nervous the boys would throw themselves overboard somehow!