We were on a mission. We had a long day ahead of us and lots of sight seeing to do. We had been given names of places to visit from friends of ours that live in the U.P.
The first on our list was an old haunted lighthouse. We were having a hard time finding it, I remember turning to Kevin and saying lets just stop and ask for directions. We pulled into an auto garage with men standing around just hanging out. I get out of the truck and say "I am looking for a lighthouse and I have no idea how to pronounce it's name... would you happen to know where it's located?" The guys all laughed and said "it's called 'sis-shwa'" and then they proceeded to give me directions. (It's spelled Seul Choix, how you get sis-shwa out of that I will never know).
When we got there we were sad to see that we couldn't have a tour, it was closed because it was decorated for the haunted halloween tours and would only opened after dark. But what a beautiful lighthouse. We peeked in the windows to try and get a feel for what it looked like inside and I can't wait until the day comes that I can get into it. Maybe next years trip to the great north.
There is a trail that takes you out to the 'beach'.
You had to be careful while walking around, the rocks were very slippery when wet.
On another note, we did something today that we have never done before. We spent the day with our good friends planning out next years camping season... YIKES! We booked our first 'scheduled' trip out for Memorial Day. We even have it penciled on our calendars that we could be starting our season as early as March this year. We will also be hitting some new places that neither of our families have camped at. It's kind of exciting to see our summer shape up even as we are just entering our first months of winter. On the other hand, my summer looks much shorter since we have something scheduled every month.







No comments:
Post a Comment