Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Clear View

1 Praise the LORD, my soul.
   LORD my God, you are very great;
   you are clothed with splendor and majesty.
 2 The LORD wraps himself in light as with a garment;
   he stretches out the heavens like a tent
 3 and lays the beams of his upper chambers on their waters.
He makes the clouds his chariot
   and rides on the wings of the wind.
4 He makes winds his messengers,[a]
   flames of fire his servants.  (Psalm 104)


These are the words that I was reading yesterday.  My heart yearning for truth and this is where I found myself.  Such beautiful words, the whole Psalm was so beautiful.  I reread the words, to have them soak into my being.  The Psalm talks about how God created the world, how everything in the world listens to His voice, how everything works together to bring glory to God.

If you have read this blog for any length of time, you know that nature really speaks to me, I see God in the Creation he has made for us to enjoy.  So reading this Psalm touched me deeply.

As I was going through my pictures to find the next group that I was going to share it really didn't surprise me to discover what ones they were.

We had just arrived home from Point Iroquois Lighthouse.  It had been a full day of traveling and sightseeing.  As we were unwinding and I was getting dinner ready, the American Integrity was moving by.  Tyler and Jilli went walking out to the Rivers edge to watch it.

I grabbed my camera and headed out the door.

The sun was very low in the sky, making the black ship look gold.  I stopped close to a tree, it was blocking my full view.  The kids sat down on the bench.  I decided to move closer to capture them and as I moved away from the tree what came into view took my breath away.

For behind the gold shimmering ship was a beautiful rainbow.  The clouds themselves were amazing to look at.  All was quiet, even the kids, as we watched in amazement at the performance happening before our eyes.

As the ship silently slipped by I stayed, watching the rainbow.  God's promise to us that he would never flood the whole earth with water again.

The kids got up and went looking for the supper that I was supposed to be preparing.  I sat down, completely forgetting the responsibilities that were mine to carry out and only focused on the beauty that God was displaying for those who stopped to look.


 33 I will sing to the LORD all my life;
   I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.
34 May my meditation be pleasing to him,
   as I rejoice in the LORD.
35 But may sinners vanish from the earth
   and the wicked be no more.
   Praise the LORD, my soul.
   Praise the LORD.[b]



What amazed me, was I didn't see the whole story until I walked into the clear view.  How many times do we miss out on the amazing things God has for us just because we didn't take the time or the courage to take a few more steps to see the whole picture.

I know I have missed out, I know my fear often cripples my feet from moving.  I also know that many times the busyness of life speeds by...  Praying that I take the time to slow down and that my feet are fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace, so that I don't miss out on all God has for me.

Blessings!!

2 comments:

Mom P. said...

That must have been grandma's rainbow that day...

lyn said...

Mom, this was the evening before her passing. The next morning you called...