Last night Kevin and I had a conversation with a couple (they are are friends) about blogging. It is kind of interesting to hear other peoples opinions about this not-so-little world of blogging. He wasn't a fan of blogging, and for the reasons he stated I completely understand and to some extent agree. When it was my turn to give all the positives, one of the reasons I shared was that this was the easiest vehicle for me to keep my out-of-town family and friends updated to what is happening in our lives (didn't mention that I am blogging from a year ago..hehe). Also, it is a great way for me to share stories and show pictures of my growing family.
In the end, I don't think that I converted him into a blogging believer and that is really OK, but this morning Micah and I had a conversation that I wanted to share and I immediately thought of sharing it on my blog. Why? Because it is the fastest and easiest way to share stories, it chronicles our life, and it sure beats writing in a personal journal because blogger has SPELL CHECK!
Ok, so here is the conversation that Micah and I had while we were doing his Science lesson today.
Out of the blue Micah says "Mom, Cameron says we evolved from monkeys."
I said "many people, who don't know Jesus, believe we came from monkeys and that the world was created with a big explosion. That is called the big bang theory."
Micah - "yeah, Cameron said something about that too. I told him God created the world." Cameron must have made a comment about that and Micah said "I told him that the Bible tells us all about how the world was created. The Bible tells the truth." Micah told me that Cameron responded "You don't know that." Micah told me that he told him then that "God is also going to destroy the earth and make us a new one." To this Cameron responds "by that time we might have the technology to live on the moon and be safe from that."
I kind of laughed at Cameron's answer and asked Micah if he thinks living on the moon would keep unbelievers safe, he emphatically replied "NO."
I asked him when this conversation took place and Micah said "3 days ago."
This is the same boy who we took to VBS this summer (read about it HERE). How amazingly blind his little lost soul is. For him to even question the validity of the Bible. What is he being taught at school/at home? On the flip side of this story, I am amazed at how pure Micah's faith is. He is not afraid to speak the truth, he doesn't cover his words with hidden meanings, he speaks it straight and exactly how it is.
The Bible is True.
God created the Earth.
God created Humans.
God will destroy the Earth and make us a New Earth.
That sums up what Micah said and that he is not ashamed to speak up, it is humbling, because honestly, I don't think I am teaching that through demonstration a whole lot.
Moving on to keep the pictures coming in a valiant attempt to get from being a year behind.
When I blogged Clear View the American Integrity was the freighter in the pictures (I think I mentioned that). Anyhoo, after I fed my family and we cleaned up from dinner, Kev and I decided it would be cool to go to Rock Cut to see the freighter move through it at night. We hopped into the truck and off we went on another adventure.
It really is quite an experience. It's quiet during the day out there but at night it is dead silence. And dark. So dark that Kevin parked the truck with it's headlights pointing down the two track that we had to walk so we could find our way. As the ship neared it turned it's spot lights right on us. We were all blinded, but the kids thought it was super cool.
Then as the vessel moved by I took a picture of our shadows (made by the headlights) on the side of the ship. It was really a lot of fun and a great experience. This kids still talk about it.
I think that is about all for today.
Blessings!!


No comments:
Post a Comment