Wednesdays are my busy days. We have a lot going on. Today school started at 7:40am this morning (there are days I wish I was a coffee drinker.. today was one of them), we had lots to get done, we have karate this afternoon, and home church tonight. On top of all that I made it my mission to learn a new computer program.
Why I do this to myself I don't know. I really do enjoy knowing different programs and this one I have had for awhile, but have never opened it up to use it.
I was looking at different websites to give me a start off point and one website said that if you know how to use Photoshop, then this program would be easy to learn. I thought that it should be no problem. I am pretty efficient at photoshop, I have friends who have been in photography a lot longer calling me asking how to do things. So naturally I thought that learning this new program would be a snap.
Well... Illustrator has tested my patients. I was so frustrated last night I could have thrown my beautiful Mac across the kitchen. As Kevin lay sleeping on the couch, I sat muttering to myself about how this was supposed to be easier, not harder. I just about gave up, but instead I turned in for the night and tried my hand again at it this afternoon. I had about 30min window to play with it. And I am proud to say that I accomplished what I had set out to do.
Now that I have had a taste of it, I would love to learn how to do more things on it. But sadly there isn't as many tutorials for Illustrator like there is for Photoshop. So we will see how proficient I get with the program.
Thats all for today, have to quick finish up cleaning the house before we leave for karate.
Have a blessed day!!
2 comments:
I hope you had a lot of "patience" and not sick "patients" at your house..That's one thing spell check doesn't correct when they both sound the same...LOL!!
Mom
Lyn, ask Melissa for a crash course in Illustrator this weekend. She'll get you up and running.
Post a Comment