Monday, September 22, 2008

A Walk Down Memory Lane

On one of my previous posts I mentioned this schedule I was following to clean my home. Well, it's been really great. Right now we are gearing up for the holidays. Getting rid of all the clutter that collects in the house. I am quickly realizing that I am not as bad off as I thought I was.

Each week we are given a different zone to "deep clean" on top of the regular cleaning schedule. This week we are in the master bedroom. Today I had to remove all the clutter from the top of my dresser and since there is nothing on my dresser that is clutter I moved to the next project which was cleaning out one drawer in the night stand. I keep books and things in my drawer, so I just started removing it all to clean the drawer and found my old journals. One of them dated back to when I was 12 yrs old.

It was really fun to read through the journals, watching myself grow-up through written word. Even my handwriting changed about 5 times during a 7 year span. It was interesting when I started writing about Kevin. There were times that I could feel the emotion dripping off the page. There was one entry on 2-16-94 that I was questioning God if this was the man He had planned for me. Little did I know that 8 yrs later, I would be laying in a hospital bed holding our first baby boy.

I turned the page and started to read an entry that was not in my handwriting. Kevin had taken my journal, read it (all the good and bad) and then wrote an entry in it. He signs it "Love you always and Forever Lynny"...how cute!
After reading through the journals, I could see why I hear so many Christians say how important it is to have a prayer journal. While reading, I could see God's hand on my life, gently guiding me. Taking all the good and bad of me, making me into the person I am today. Someone worth loving... always and forever.

Thanks for taking this short trip down memory lane with me. Blessings!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize how young you both looked when you started dating. Kevin looks really young!!
I never questioned whether you were the one for him. I remember many porch sitting talks!!

Mom

Anonymous said...

oh, the good 'ol days when Kev wore turtle necks under button down shirts, and parted his hair to the side!!! can you say DORK?!?! I'm still not sure what attracted you to him : )~

-Kelli

PS -I can say all that, he's my brother : )~