My Friend and I have talked about how we wished we knew when the "lasts" were going to happen instead of the "firsts", we both feel like we would cherish the "lasts" more. Well, this time I knew this would be the "last" time one of my babies slept in the crib. The last time I would lean over the rail and kiss a sleeping head, the last time I would hear the creaking of the mattress as they found a comfortable position, or the last time I would hear either their head or feet hitting the sides of the crib as they sleep. Beautiful things for a mom. I knew this would be my last time I looked at the crib sitting in the room that Kev and I painted 6 years ago for our first baby. Nothing has changed really in 6 years, I loved the room so much just the way it was, that we never changed it for the other two babies we brought home, to the same room, the same crib.
Knowing this was the last night this crib gently held one of my babies, I had to take a picture. To be able to remember what it looked like having one of my angels sleeping in it. Thinking back to the day that Kevin and I went from store to store looking for the perfect crib while I was holding the first of our babies under my heart.
Then we have our "first". The First time Jilli slept in her own big girl bed. We didn't go from store to store looking for the perfect bed. This bed came to us as a gift. Jilli is now sleeping in the bed of Kevin's youth. What once held my growing husband is now holding my growing daughter.
Once I heard..."JILLI'S AWAKE!!" to announce the waking of my youngest, now I hear "JILLI'S COMING!!" as she gets herself out of bed and heads down the stairs. How quickly they grow and change, especially her. She seems to be growing up at light breaking speeds.
One other last, I know the last day I bought diapers at Target. I thought to myself when I was paying for them..."wonder if this is the last time I buy these?" and it was. Jilli is now completely diaper free. No more diaper butts at the Peters' house! Her changing table is now gone too. For one who doesn't like change, a lot of changes has happened over here over the past month:-)
One of these days I will have to start thinking of repainting her bedroom from a nursery to a girls room, but for now, I have handled all the change I can, so I am going to hold on to one last thing from the past and Cherish everyday that I have, to look at the beautiful words that I hand painted on the wall. A Girl Can Only Take So Much Change!
Blessings!
2 comments:
Well said...don't even get me started...I can't even imagine having to say goodbye to all the baby things. See now I'm crying at the thought!
is the bed still blue??? mine is!
-Kelli
Post a Comment