Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Busy living life

I am heading off to bed, but wanted to quick put a post up because I know some of you will be checking this in the morning and will be disappointed to see no new posts.


We are two days into school and things are busy around here. I am now spending about three hours a day teaching. Isn't it amazing how much you can get done when you are one on one (or one on three as in my case). I can teach my three little ones in three hours what takes a teacher in a class all day to teach. I know, my BFF is a teacher! Anyway, I wish I could post a picture of them learning, but I haven't picked my camera up in days :-(


Today we had a busy morning with "baby food testing" (I take Jilli to taste food and I get Meijer gift cards..it's so nice), so the boys were at Ama's this morning. Then after a field trip to McDonalds (thanks Ama), we rushed home to get our school day in. The kids did great!

Micah is reading better and better everyday. The words he can read are getting bigger and bigger. I was just talking with Kevin's Aunt Voni (who was a professor at Calvin College for early education) last night about the joy of watching your children learn. I told her how amazing it is too see Micah sound out a word he has never read before and when he gets it, he starts to giggle because he thinks the word is funny. How many parents miss that? How many times do we do a project and I get to see the excitement on their faces as they make something or do an experiment. Sure, schooled kids are excited when they come home and tell their parents about it....but that is the afterburn, I got to see the real explosion! Can you tell I am excited about school this year? Micah is at such a transforming age, I don't want to miss a day!

Tyler is so excited about school this year that he opted to stay inside to do more school, while Micah went outside to play with their friend Brandon. He sat at the counter for 45min working on his workbook...then he decided that he wanted to cook supper so he took down a cookbook to find a recipe to make *haha* it was the cutest thing ever! Thank goodness I talked him out of that, who knows what creation that little boy would have made!

Jilli, she is all about keeping up with her brothers. I seriously wouldn't be shocked if she was ready to start reading by the end of this year....I am trying to pace her for Tyler's sake, but who knows what will happen.

Anyway, my quick blog took a little longer than expected...I guess my fingers can talk as much as my mouth can:-)



Blessings!

No comments: