I was on this website about how to keep your house/family organized and clean (because we all know I struggle with that) and this is what I read.....
My heart goes out to you! I know how you have been put down because of your imagination, creativity and sidetrackedness. We don’t fit the mold our family wants us to fit. God knows how hard we have tried to be what they wanted us to be. Everybody just wants to be loved. The problem is they don’t know how to love us and that is not their fault. Our imagination and creativity is our gift. That gift, most of the time gets us sidetracked and at that point we are criticized for not finishing what we started. We flit from flower to flower making the world a beautiful place like the butterflies we watch in the yard.
Here is the most exciting part of our imagination and creativity; we are very intelligent. So much so that it might even scare our family. We were not "Born Organized" but we can learn how to be organized. But this organization cannot be stuffed down our throats. As children we were told to go clean our rooms. Our brains are so busy with creating that we don’t know how to clean a room. Now here is the funny part. A "Born Organized" person does not know how to teach us to do this either. They don’t understand themselves how it is done because in the first place they have never allowed anything to get that messy. The other part of it is that they just do and don’t think about it. I have watched "Born Organized" People and they are constantly puttering around the house doing things. They flit around with a purpose to put things back into the order they have set up. We flit because we don’t know where to start and we are trying to do too many things at one time. We have been made to feel guilty because of our gift of imagination. Well I am here to tell you that our imagination if a powerful tool to help us out of our cocoon. If we can think it; we can do it. We can take our idea and turn it into whatever it is that we choose. We just need someone to teach us how to make this happen without the world falling apart around us.
Our homes are stifling our imagination. Our little creative minds have been stuffed into this cocoon because of the guilt that has been put on our little heads. We are blessed to have an imagination. We fight hard to keep from being stuffed into that cocoon. This is why we rebel against habits and routines. They look too much like the "Born Organized" people in our lives. They are a tool that helps us to emerge from our cocoon of guilt and suffocation to find our true joy in living....
Ahhh, someone understands me...I am not abnormal! I keep telling my Mom that I have ADD or something because I am always getting sidetracked and then forget where I am and she keeps telling me that I don't have ADD I am a MOM.
Anyway, I just had to share, it was so good to read that someone else has been where I am and has a program to help me go where I want to be. Organized and clean especially now that the school year is starting and my time will be directed at teaching my little ones. I pray that I can master this system and then teach my children (who seemed to miss out on the perfectionist Peters gene) this system (in time) so that they are not left feeling like I do...overwhelmed, stupid, not good enough.

If any of you could relate to the article from the website, and want to read more about the program, email me and I will send you a link (it's free).
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment