I just got done reading another great book. In the book there somethings that hit me hard. It is about a young women finding her way in life. Leaning on God while figuring out what she wants with her life and who she wants to spend it with. In the book her Mom tells her that whoever she marries he should pursue her like a dying man looking for water in the desert. She also tells her that she will know if he is the right man because he will cherish her.
I think there are many reasons this hits home, but one big one is that I have a daughter. I want a man to pursue her like a dying man looking for water in the desert. I want a man that is going to love and cherish her, for all her good and her not so good. I want this man to follow God so passionately, that he will be able to lead my daughter spiritually. I want her to be the love of his life. I want to see in his eyes her heart. I want him to love her all the days of his life. I want her to be loved completely and without the fear of losing that love. Is that so much to ask? That my baby girl has an amazing love that stands the test of time. I can tell you that is what I am praying for. I am praying that the right man will come along one day and cherish my little girl for the blessing she is.
I also pray that when she is blessed with that kind of love that she will never take it for granted. I have seen women who are loved so completely and they don't love and respect their husbands in return. How tragic to lose these few good men on women that are too selfish to realize the gift they have.
I know this is probably every mothers dream. What kind of mom wouldn't want this for her little girl? But I think as mothers of daughters we need to talk to our girls about men, we need to teach them that they are worth more than settling for just any man. They are God's princess' and as such they deserve the best! I am so thankful that I have years to talk to Jilli about this, to teach her what to look for. I pray that when the time comes for her to start courting she will have ears to hear and eyes to see the hearts of men. I pray that she will be spiritually mature in her faith and that Jesus is her all-in-all. I pray that she will have a heart that is selfless and a love that shines in her eyes for others.
Somewhere there is a boy, who will be learning how to be a man. I pray he has a strong loving father that teaches him how to be a man of God so that he can be a Godly husband to my little girl. I pray he cherishes her and loves her completely...
Because this little girl is worth the very best!

2 comments:
Yes, she is!!!!
Yes, that's what Jilli deserves. She's lucky to have you as her mother - you with your wild love for her - love that will make you strong when she needs you to be strong and tender when she needs you to be tender. You will help her find a man who knows her by the word "beloved".
Post a Comment