Recently we (as in our cousins/friends Toni & Paul, Kevin & I) decided that what we do is not really camping, it's RVing, and I am good with that description. I am not sleeping in a tent under the stars and carrying my food on my back. I pack my moveable home with all the needs of my family and off we take it to different places. Although we aren't "camping" per say, we are making memories while we are RVing. Memories that will last a lifetime with our kids. I remember my family's camping trips (sleeping in a tent with 6 inches of snow on the ground... yes really). I remember trips we took, only staying in one place for a night, maybe two, and then moving on. Kevin is still impressed with my sleeping bag rolling skills. Those skills were learned while on the road with my family, under direct supervision from my father. Because if you didn't roll your bag tightly it wouldn't fit in the back of our van.
Anyway, I have beautiful memories of being with my family growing up. And although we don't really "camp" we are still making beautiful memories. So when we drive away from a place, my nose burns a little, my eyes get a little more wet, and I start taking deep breaths because, our memory making for that particular trip is almost over. Something that our family has looked forward to is almost done and in the past. How quickly life slips by without us really realizing it. Micah said to me just today, "Mom, 5 more years and I will be driving." How can it be, when I just brought him home from the hospital?! Ok, I am getting a little sidetracked....
So here are the last of the memories from our trip Up North 2010.
This was the last picture I took before we left Aune Osborn. The kids were playing on the merry-go-round while Kev and I finished hooking up the trailer. About 30 min after this picture was taken, we were pulling into a gas station, Micah said, "Mom, I don't feel good." Then promptly threw up in the back of the truck. I threw him the only thing I had available to try and catch the puke... Tyler's jacket. Ty wasn't too happy about that, but hey we are making memories, we still laugh about the "time Mom threw Micah Tyler's jacket to puke in."
As we began our crossing of the Mac, off in the distance we spotted one of our favorite freighters. The American Century.
There she goes, back up to the Soo as we cross the bridge to go back home...
Just off the bridge there is a cute little restaurant that we enjoy eating at. As you can see Tyler is being funny, by this point Micah was feeling much better and ate his whole lunch without a problem.
And that's it. On this trip we stopped at a campground that we won two free nights to. The kids swam in the indoor pool and did some "trick-or-treating" around the campground and then it was off to make it home for Grandma's visitation. It's been so long since I started this adventure, you probably don't even remember that this was the trip that we received the phone call that Kevin's Grandma had passed away.
My sister had gone shopping for my kids, picking out outfits that they could wear, we arrived home to a table full of options and within the hour of arriving, we had cleaned up, gotten dressed and left to get to the visitation.




No comments:
Post a Comment