Thursday, May 17, 2012

Miracles

I knew today was an important day in my history, but I never knew that today was an important day in the history of America.

On May 17, 1776 George Washington went off alone to pray.  Here was just a farmer, who was leading a mismatched group of men against the superpower of the world at that time, Britain.  He walked off into the woods, got down on one knee and looked up to God (how he always prayed).  He made a covenant with God on that day for this baby nation that was forming.  Unbeknownst to him a man fighting for Britain overheard him, he went home and told his wife that they were switching sides.  He said that he came upon George Washington praying, he felt the spirit moving and he said Britain will lose and America will win because General Washington called upon God.

George Washington Fasted and prayed for our Nation 236 years ago today, and from that day on, miracles started happening in the war and obviously we won.  Sadly our country has moved away from that covenant with God.  The men in power don't turn to God for help.  They don't seek wisdom in the scriptures, the seek it amongst the world.  This past Sunday our friend and Pastor stood and cried out to God for our Nation that has turned so against all the principals it was founded on.  He spoke truth, and it I couldn't help but speak an "amen" as he prayed.  I commented to Kevin after the service how grateful I was that Josh had the courage and conviction to pray so powerfully for our Nation and for our leader who  has turned his back to God.  It is a scary time in our nation.  Evil is working so powerfully amongst even the "Christians" that they start to waver and are easily conformed to this world.

There is a movement happening... I have heard that this is the year that will be written about in our history books.  That like 1776 when a lowly farmer committed his leadership and this nation to God, there will be a rising of people who will again, commit their lives and this country to God. I don't know what the future holds.  I don't see Evil releasing it's ugly grasp on the country very easily.  Life in America, I believe, will look very differently than what it does now.  I pray I am wrong, but take a look at history, it repeats itself unless we learn from it, and so far those in power have yet to learn anything from history.

It wasn't my intent to write about this today.  As I stated above today is an important day in my life.  For 15 years ago today I made a vow to God to love, honor, and cherish the man that was standing before me.    15 years... 2 houses... 3 children... 4 dogs... 10 vehicles... later.  Amazing to look back at the young girl I was when I married, to who I am now.  God has really used marriage to grow me and change me.

I have to say that like George Washington, when you commit your plans to God miracles happen.  Am I saying that staying married to Kevin for 15 years is a miracle.  I am... you've never had to live with me!! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

but I have lived with him, and I think he's lucky that you've hung around so long :) CONGRATS!!!!

-Kelli