Thursday, March 20, 2008

A Week Without Maralisa

On Monday's and Friday's we have a little friend come and spend about an hour with us so her Mommy can workout at the gym down the street. Maralisa has very quickly become the highlight of our Monday's and Friday's. She is probably the happiest baby I have ever seen. She just sits and smiles. The only thing that I have found that she doesn't like is being away from the kids. It truly is a joy to have her visit us every week.

This week Monday, Emily called and said that she had so much work she wouldn't be bringing Maralisa over. Before the kids went to bed tonight, we talked about tomorrow being Friday and Maralisa would come visit us and they all went to bed happy that our little friend would be coming for a visit. Well, Emily called a few minutes ago and said that Maralisa's big brother didn't have school tomorrow so they were going to have a family day. Oh boy...this news is going to break some little hearts in this house tomorrow morning (I did of course inform Emily of this).

I guess I don't get my baby fix tomorrow and I was sooooo looking forward to that. Last week Tuesday I was at my friend Jen's and I got to hold her baby for about 15 min and it was so wonderful. I miss that stage a lot. I love the way babies smell and the little sounds they make. I know what you are all probably thinking...the answer is NO.
Maybe if I had a different body (and husband). With the diabetes, pregnancy is very hard on my body. I forget so quickly that I had to take my blood sugar at least 8 times a day give myself at least 4 injections of insulin. Deal with passing out from low blood sugar (in Target....if you want free food and pop, this is the way to get it). Ultrasounds, Doctor appts, and Non-stress tests, twice a week. It is a full time job. Plus, my Doctor strongly recommended that I be done. My body, he said, would get worse with every pregnancy. Lets not even mention that Kevin was very happy with two boys. Jilli was what we call God's extra blessing...the icing on the cake.

In a perfect world I think I would have loved to have 4 kids. I remember how much fun it was growing up with my brother's and sister, but my perfect world is not God's perfect plan for me. I am very content with my three healthy, beautiful children....and Maralisa on Monday's and Friday's.
Blessings!




No comments: