Friday, March 7, 2008

Micah

Tonight we are finally having Micah's birthday party that was rescheduled from the rescheduled date. Poor kid has been patiently waiting for 3 weeks to celebrate his birthday.


I am again reminded how precious life is and that we have to let go of the things that constantly call our name (laundry, vacuuming, bathrooms, dusting) and spend time with our family (like playing star wars with Tyler for 2 hours) and Celebrating my son's Birthday. We are more than blessed to have three healthy, happy, very active children.

This past week my very good friend lost her Grandfather, Kevin's friend (and partner in crime at work) lost his Father and Kevin's Grandma K. had been in the hospital teetering on the edge of Heaven (thankfully she is like her cat and has 9 lives). Grandma has rebounded and is doing much better. I guess this is the reason for the reflecting (more than usual) these days.

We think that we are so strong and almost invincible. We know there is death, but lets not think about that. The problem with that is that we are all running a race, but with every race there is a finish line. Some of us might reach that finish line before others...the question is are you running a good race and are you ready to finish? Let it be said of me that....

"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day--" 2 Timothy 4:7-8





Blessings

No comments: