Friday, March 28, 2008

Pengi and the Easter dress

First things first....I was just looking at the first picture in my last post and thought that I better make sure that everyone knows that Tyler gets plenty to eat! Tyty is just ALL muscle, Kevin is constantly amazed at what that boy can do because he is so ripped (secretly Kevin and I are both jealous of his 6-pack).

OK, now about the Easter dress... Most of you would probably guess that I am not really into all the fluff of buying new outfits for Easter. I just can't see spending money on that kind of stuff. I grew up just fine with out that luxury, so I know my kids can too.

This year however, Jilli had received a beautiful dress from my brother and his wife for her birthday. It is one of those dresses that I just can't let her wear (it is a dry clean only dress), but it was perfect for Easter. We had to add a little sweater (which I already had) because it was so cold, but otherwise it was a perfect Easter dress.
I tried to take pictures of it so we can remember the year that she had a beautiful Easter dress, but she wouldn't put down my penguin. Yes, I said mine...
Pengi was mine when I was a little girl he is very special to me. She discovered him in her closet. She must have climbed up the the wire closet organizer all the way to the top and found Pengi (he was on the highest shelf). I thought that maybe Pengi fell down. I couldn't figure out how he fell, but how else can I explain my daughter having him. Well, I found out the other day that he didn't fall.
I walked into Jilli's room to find her climbing up the wire shelves to get to her "pretties". She took a box of ponytail holders and then climbed back down, holding on with only one hand. When she got down she said "I careful Mommy". She was so proud of herself that she made it all the way down without spilling one ponytail holder! I was reminded of one of my favorite parts of Sound Of Music, when the children tell Maria that they can climb up to her room and Louisa can do it with a whole jar of spiders in her hand!

I love you my little Louisa!

Blessings!

No comments: