Thursday, March 7, 2013

A Little of Everything

Wow, it's been awhile, sorry about that.  I will give you a quick run down on some of what has kept us busy the last few weeks.

Karate testing... Always a big day around here, the kids have them 4 times a year and it's a way for us to see what they have been learning.  Of course there is always the highly anticipated board breaking...
Micah...

Tyler... sorry his is a bit blurry, he broke it so fast I almost didn't even get this shot!
Jilli...
Then DoJaNim took a quick second to talk to his "Steve" (the name he has called Jilli since day 1).
After all the board breaking there is the changing of the belts, Tyler had a newbie that couldn't get his belt on for the longest time.  His face was so red by the time he finally figured out how to tie Tyler's belt on... I guess when you are only used to tying your own belt, it's hard to do it on someone else.
My new Gold Belts...


My New Purple Deputy...
Some of the other things we did these past weeks, was visit Aunt Kelli and Lorelei.  Micah played a long time with Lorelei doing all sorts of things, but one of them was creating Mr. & Mrs. Potato Head.
Jilli and Lorelei were playing salon... 

Our February snow fun when Michigan finally decided to get some snow...
Daisy the Snowgirl (bet you can't guess who named her).
Snowflake the snow horse.
Our 2013 Sled Run.
On Feb. 13th Tyler got his expander.

Last week I was trying to conserve milk at dinner time (Kevin was going out of his way NOT to conserve milk).  He asked if I would go to the store that night to get more milk.. I told him no.  He left for volleyball and the next morning we found this in the frig...
 After one of the many days Tyler and I work hard on his reading and building words he asked to take a picture of us with my phone.
Not the best of photo's, but if my buddy wants a picture with his Momma, I will not argue!

Other quick updates, Tyler sprained his ankle playing with Jilli, he had to be on crutches.  He is doing much better now, even able to walk around without the crutches.  His ankle is all shades of black/blue/green/yellow.  He will have to be careful with it for awhile, but we are thankful that it wasn't worse than what it was... you should have heard the POP sound his ankle made when he sprained it!

My cousin's baby girl, with the heart problems, was born last night, she was pink and crying, we are waiting for more of an update so please pray for baby Sofie!

Lots more to share, so stay tuned!

No comments: