My Precious Micah,
It is hard for me to look at you and not remember the moment you were born. The scare we had when the "red button" was pushed and our room was flooded with all medical personal. Then the shock of discovering how big you were. Then in the quiet of our first night together, the realization of how much I am loved by God. For I could not imagine loving anything or anyone as much as I loved you in that moment and knowing that God loves each one of us with even more love left me breathless. It was a holy moment that I will never forget and although you were just a few short hours old, God was already using you in a mighty way.
It is kind of scary knowing that my time with you is running short. You are well on your way to adulthood. Watching you turn into a young man has been such a gift. Even at the young age of 11, you carry an aura of responsibility. You have such an intense desire to do right and not wrong. Your level of honesty and willingness to always tell the truth no matter the cost is humbling. Your ever increasing yearning to make good and Godly choices is a joy to watch unfold. Hold tight to those qualities Micah, this world will do everything to rip those virtues from you, to make you compromise on what is right. God will bless your determination to follow after Him.
I love hearing your thoughts and questions about faith and God. I love the way you are increasing in your desire to know more about Him. Many of your questions I have had to turn to others to help gain understanding and wisdom. Your questions make me want to grow more in understanding of this amazingly wonderful God we serve.
When people tell me how much you look like your Daddy, I think to myself they have no idea how much like your Daddy you really are. God has placed in you the same strength he placed in your Daddy, a strength not seen in many men these days. Micah, that is a gift, it is a blessing that God has placed on you. God will show you how to use that strength to bless others and always remember, that there isn't anything stronger than a man on his knees praying to to One who created the planets and set them into motion.
You have an amazing memory, Daddy and I wonder how on earth you remember so many things from a very young age. You have used that amazing memory to write scripture upon your heart. There are moments when we are working together on memorizing scripture that leaves me slightly jealous. You have an innate talent for placing words into your mind that you can recall very quickly. Keep hiding scripture in your heart, Micah, for no one can take that away from you.
You are my very social-people-pleasing boy who is very quickly turning into a young man. Micah, Daddy and I are so proud of who you are and who you are growing up to be. You have qualities and characteristics that are uniquely yours and that complete our family in a way that no one else could. As we enter into these next years, years of growth and change for you, I pray that God will continue to walk alongside of you, guiding you. That you will continue to ask those tough questions, the searching questions, the insightful questions. That you will stay true to that strong moral compass that God placed in you. I pray you will give Daddy and I grace, as we try to help navigate you from boyhood into manhood. This is unchartered territory for us and we will make mistakes and someday, your brother and sister will thank you for taking the brunt of our mistakes.
Micah, the verse I have chosen for you is a verse that was spoken over me earlier this week by a very good friend. It is a verse that I want you to hide away in your heart so that you can draw from it as you continue down life's journey.
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you where ever you go. Joshua 1:9
You are and always will be a blessing to all who know you. You have the characteristics of a great and mighty leader, use those for the glory of God. Always remember, strength is not found in possessions, money, and things of this world, it is found only in Christ.
Micah, I love you so much my growing son, I give all thanks and praise to God for placing you in my life.
Love,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment