This past year has been an amazing year of growth for you. The discovery of your dyslexia, has opened doors for you that we couldn't figure out how to open. To have a small understanding into the way your mind works has been such a gift to me. You have made such huge strides in working with your dyslexia these past few months, to say I am proud of your hard work doesn't even begin to tell you how I feel.
God created you with a mind that works differently than most people and because of that, it is a rare and special gift. You do have to work harder at reading and writing, but son, you figure things out that most of us would give up on. Your mind works so quickly that while the rest of us are still on step 1, you completed step 1-10. I am even more sure today than I was a year ago, that God has big plans for you because of this very special gift he gave you.
You have a compassionate spirit, a gentle and caring heart. You are the one who tells me several times a week that you think I am beautiful, you stop and give me a kiss and tell me you love me. Someday your wife will adore you for these little acts of love. You also have a very spirited personality, that most of the time leaves me laughing. Although I don't often let you see me cracking up at your latest antics (because then you would get carried away), your quick whit is one of my most treasured traits about you.
Ty, this world can be very gray, but you take that gray world and color it in so many vibrant colors. You color outside the lines, you don't conform, you make your own path. When you are told you can't, you march right ahead and change that can't into a can. That is such a blessing because we live in a world of people that can't think for themselves anymore and you CAN.
Not only do you have physical strength you have an inner strength that will continue grow and get stronger. People will not only be drawn to you by your handsome face, they will be drawn to you because they can see you are different, you are special.
You are a son of the Most High God, you were chosen to live forever with your Heavenly Father. His handiwork is stamped all over you, my beautiful son. I am truly blessed to be your Mom. God has used you to teach me so much about Him. God has used you to stretched me and pushed me into places that I never thought I would or could go.
When I think about a word that would describe you there are so many I could choose. I have mentioned many words already that describe you. But to choose one is rather easy for me. It is the word "GIFT". You are such a gift to us, you complete our family in a way that no one else could. You bring life and excitement, you bring joy, and yes, you sometimes bring frustration. But you are our gift from God and not one day goes by that we don't thank God for the gift of Tyler.
Tyler, may God bless you in this next year. May He stretch you and grow you. May He continue to show you how special you are to Him. May you continue to work hard at the things that don't come easy and soar through the many things that do come easy. You are a gift, you are a treasure, you are our very special Ty-Ty.
"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17
Love,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment