What a crazy weekend. Still trying to catch up... We babysat our adorable niece, Kevin's sister got married, our nephew was baptized and I had to take pictures of my best-friends family that turned into a dinner with the families. Phew, but the craziness has continued into this week. No rest over here, but thats OK, I will be resting very soon and I can't wait!
Back to our trip up north... I know this is going to come as a shock to all of you but I captured something that really stays a mystery to me. I can probably count on one hand how many of these I have seen in my adult life. I remember them as a child, I would see them often. Either on our walks before school started or on our trips out East.
The sunrise...
God's hand painting colors that a camera just can't even pick-up. I remember this sunrise, I remember the frost on my nose hairs as I tried to breath. I had been awakened by Jilli, as put her back in her bed and told her it was still night time (yes, I really did do that), I peaked outside and what I saw took my breath away. I grabbed my camera, and as silently as I could I snuck out the trailer to capture the moment. I sat on a bench along the riverside, I watched as birds started their morning feedings, I was witness to the world just beginning to awaken. In the silence I felt God, I saw him. How he created such beauty, how he times the universe to work perfectly together. Amazing. For a fleeting moment I aspired to see more sunrises. Then I thought better of the idea, they wouldn't be so special to me if I saw more of them. So, I slowly made my way back to the trailer, took off my coat, then found my way back to where I belonged... my bed.
Blessings!!

No comments:
Post a Comment