I see and hear what is happening in our country and this world and are sickened that others aren't aware or at the very worst don't care. Honestly writing the way I am feeling led, scares me.
Just yesterday I was faced with a situation that puts me in a place of uncomfortableness. I am a witness to cruelty and it frustrates me that I am the one who has to deal with it. That I have to speak up and put my neck out there. Yet... isn't that what God requires of us?
I am reminded of the Parable of the Good Samaritan. If you don't know the story, it is found in Luke 10:25-37. Here is the quick version. A man was walking down the road and was jumped. He was beaten, robbed and left for dead. 2 men passed him (one being a priest) and kept on going. Then a 3rd man came, he cleaned his wounds, put him in his car (a donkey) brought him to a hotel (an inn), took care of him and then paid for everything.
I read that story and I am left wondering which one of the three men would I be? Would I have the courage to be the person who stopped? Sadly in this world there are fewer and fewer of these types of people.
There is a video that I saw this morning. I need to warn you, it's quite graphic. A 2yr old chinese girl gets run over by a van. The van stops, then keeps on going, running her over with his back tires. If you can stomach this video, I want you to notice how many people stop to help her and how many pass her by.
It took a scrap picker... What is this world coming to? This happened in China, and you could go on about how the "Chinese" are, but really?!?! This could happen here!
Just last night I was driving home, it was dark, raining, and down the road a ways I saw flashing lights coming at me. It was busy, there were cars right on my tail, there were cars in a line next to me, there was no place for me to pull over and stop. I started to hit my breaks to let the guy behind me know I was stopping. The cars to my right were slowly slowing down to stop. There was a small break next to me, enough room for me to get the front end of my truck to the side. The guy behind me started to enter the left hand turn lane to get around me, when he finally noticed the ambulance coming our way. There were cars that didn't even stop. I can't help but think how selfish those people are. More worried about themselves and getting to where they need to be than the person the ambulance is racing off to save. It infuriates me every time I see it. Even when a cop car is racing down the street and I see people ignoring it, I get so angry. My brother used to drive a car with blue & red lights and although his job has changed, it is someone else's brother putting his life on the line to save another.
Wang Yue ended up dying. Her poor body was too broken to be saved.
Is our society that far gone that we will let a precious little girl lay broken and bleeding on the side of the road? With everything in me, I pray I will rise up and be a scrap picker....
1 comment:
I'm so happy you posted this video and I'm so happy at all the attention it's getting! Bringing awareness to this will hopefully change the corrupt laws over there. Makes me sick and angry watching this, and I can't imagine what the mother must feel. :(
Post a Comment