Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Treasures

I have had this song playing in my head and I can't seem to get it out, so guess what, you get to listen to it too and we can all have it stuck in our heads together!  How nice of me huh?!
So Yesterday my little Homemaker in the making started asking if we could decorate for the holidays.  Ummm..... OK?  Not sure where she got this from, but hey, why not!  We just have one little problem.  I'm not really set up for decorating for the fall.  Would I love too, sure, but it kind of costs money to buy all the cute stuff I see adorning the tables, counters, and walls of the beautiful houses that I clean.  And even the homemade stuff requires a trip to the craft store and right now I can think of other things that I would love to spend my money on.
Determined to find something to use to quench the decorating thirst of my daughter we headed outdoors to see what we could find.  Thankfully God has colored our trees in all kinds of beautiful colors that work well for decorating.  So we picked some leaves to dry and then we cut some branches with leaves to use as arrangements.  I had some fun fall looking fake flowers in the basement and coupled with some fun vases we "decorated for the holidays."  My garden also had some treasures in the shades of yellow, gold, red, and orange that were arranged and placed around the house.
Jilli even had to decorate her bedroom.  Yikes, she is growing up faster an faster everyday.  Good news is she loves taking care of all things house relate.  Anything I ask her to do, she does, from cleaning bathrooms, vacuuming, emptying the dishwasher, doing laundry, baking, she even wants to cook (which I will show her once I learn).  Just don't ask her to pick up toys... she just ends up playing with them and I lose my helper.  Other than that, she will make a great wife!
As we were looking for "treasures" (as she called them), I couldn't help but (sing Good Life.. haha, I've been singing that a lot lately) but really, I feel so blessed to be able to walk out of my house cut some branches, pick some leaves, and spend that time with my little girl.  I am home, I am here to teach and raise the little people I call my children and I couldn't be happier.  Even as my boys were in their room writing lines (I will not pick on Micah.... I will not rough house in the living room...) I was still singing my song.  Why? Because God has  placed me here for the this very purpose and when you are living what He has called you too, you can't help but feel joy.  Trust me, not everyday smells like freshly fallen leaves (love that smell almost more than roses), but I have to say most days do.
In honor of my precious little treasure Jilli, and the treasure hunt we went on yesterday, I am showing you some of the little treasures that we discovered Up North.  Kevin and I have a healthy sense of adventure when it comes to driving to places off the beaten path.  We love finding these little jewels and with our love of history coupled with my imagination we have so much fun discovering them and sounding off with all kinds of possibilities as to it's previous life.
I would love to get my little hands on them, the possibilities are endless especially because I am married to a very talented carpenter, who wears his tool belt just the way I like it *wink* (he is going to blush when he reads this)!!  But really, the masterpieces he could make out of these would be unbelievable.  If only.... maybe someday...
I think that is about all for today.  Hope you enjoyed the song & pictures.  I am off to go bake the homemade bread and eat the gingersnap cookies that Micah made while waiting for my carpenter to get home.... Good, Good Life....

Blessings!!



No comments: