Saturday, November 13, 2010

Pool Time


It turned colder today. Not the bone chillin cold that I am sure this winter will bring, but the cold that forewarns you that colder temps are on the way. It's the perfect day to remember the warm temps of summer.

I will always remember the summers that the kids learned that going underwater is fun and not scary. For the boys it was two summers ago in a warm Tennessee pool. For Jilli it was this summer.

Aunt Laurie did what only Aunt Laurie could do. She talked Jilli into going underwater with her. Then she did it over and over and over. Jilli finally got the hang of holding her breath and then wiping the water out of her eyes when she came back up. After the one evening with Aunt Laurie, Jilli was determined to figure out this whole swimming thing on her own... Without her lifejacket.

And she did....

As soon as she figured it out, she was like a fish, spending more of her time underwater than above the water. Then she started to jump off the pool stairs...
It was pretty cool to watch. And since the weather was so hot day after day after day, we spent a lot of time in the pool practicing our new skills.
Since the boys already knew to wonders of the underwater world, they wanted to increase their already found skills. Which is kind of hard to do in this pool because
A.) it doesn't get that deep... and
B.) you can't jump in off the sides.
So the boys practiced swimming longer and longer distances and we played games with these little pool balls.




Tyler thought it was great fun when I was sitting at the side of the pool and he would throw the ball at me, it would land right in front of me, which would cause a big splash and I would get all wet. I think I recall that I was laughing too...... NOT!
I would then proceed to throw the ball back at him and try to splash him, which he thought was unfair....
We had lots of fun playing with those little balls.....

Then when Daddy came to visit us, the boys would have Daddy launch them into the pool.

They would have done that for hours but Daddy's muscles could only take so much...

Here goes Tyler...... sizing up Daddy.....

Preparing for the launch.....

Air Time...
Blessings!!

1 comment:

Mom said...

Reminds me of the days that dad used to do that with the kids at the lake!!! Seems like just yesterday!!