Thursday, November 4, 2010

Beauty

I am going to be trying hard to bring this blog up to date. I have so much from this summer I would love to share, so if for some insane reason I have extra time on my hands, I might be posting more than once a day. Grand expectations....

So I love having a daughter and there are times that my daughter.... well take right now for instance, she just stomped her feet all the way up the stares, and made the poker lips scowl face this Peters' family is so famous for, and yelled at Tyler for leaving her all alone in the basement, then plopped her little self on the couch, crossed her arms (continuing to scowl) and made this little humph sound. All attitude (that she didn't get from me), and she probably had an eye roll in there for extra measure (that, she did get from me). As I was saying, I love having a daughter (minus the attitude) and all the things that come with little girls.

I love doing her hair (on the days that I force her to have her hair done). I love dressing her up in dresses (on the Sundays that I put my foot down that she can't wear her sweatpants), but the one thing that I never have to force her to do is wear make-up. As a side note, she is not allowed to wear it unless she is dancing on stage or staying home (neither happens very often).

There was one day however, while we were camping that she decided to put make-up on. It was so cute that I couldn't tell her to stop, it was a perfect photo-op just calling my name. When she was finished I was quite impressed with her abilities, for a 5 yr old she did great!

After she was finished, I sat her down and asked her what makes her really beautiful. She said "Jesus in my heart".

I have the awesome responsibility of training my little girl to look at her image the way God sees her and not the way the world sees her. I think it's quite obvious that she is beautiful on the outside (I am not bias, not one little bit), but more importantly she needs to be beautiful on the inside. I am battling an up hill battle. The world will tell her one view of beauty, but I have to show her the Godly view of beauty.

There are days that I can't wrap my mind around the fact that I am a Momma, and not just that but a Momma of a little spirited girl, that someday will be a spirited young women. My knees are shaking, because I just can't comprehend that I am really cut out for this incredible responsibility. But I guess it's good that my knees are shaking because it forces me to get back to where God wants me, on my shaking knees, praying for wisdom and guidance as we blaze new trails into womanhood.


No comments: