Monday, November 8, 2010

Back to Camping in July

Ok, so we had a pretty much perfect camping season this year. Although it's ending before I really want it to. Sadly, I think our season is now over. I really wanted to get in one more trip up to Ludington with our friends, but the calendar is running out of time, the weather is turning colder and our unit is in the shop getting things fix. So.... blogging about the camping trips this summer will have to hold me over until I get to start out all over again come spring (which in my book, could be early March weather permitting).

These next pictures are of our camping trip back in July. It was a beautiful Saturday evening and we got some visitors for supper. Nothing says summer like camping, hotdogs, hamburgs, smores, hot fire, laying back in the chairs dreaming the evening away, and if you are lucky a game or two.

As an added bonus, our new niece brought her parents out to see us. I look at these pictures and can hardly believe Lorelei was that little. She has grown so much in the last few months.
The king of all marshmallow roasters...Kevin. Our family likes them big, brown and gooey, if they have black on them, toss them into the fire and start over again. This summer we were introduced to a new way of making smores. I call them smores on steroids. They are soooooo gooooood. I will have to share with you the secret ingredient, if I am feeling extra kind.
Baby Girl taking her nap on Ama....
Game time! Watch out, I have some mean playing machines.
Yup, Micah has his game face on and he is ready to roll..
Don't let the innocent face of Tyler fool you, he will get you when you least expect it.
Man, even looking back on the pictures... how I love camping and all that goes with it. There are times when it feels like a lot of work, but it is all worth it, the memories we are creating with our kids are priceless. There are not many families who take camping as seriously as we do (except our friends the V.W's **wink,wink**), and there are people that might call us crazy, but I think it makes all the sense in the world.

Blessings!!

No comments: