I am not sure the last time I have had a week like this. Physically working hard from morning to night.
My sister-in-law and her mother have been working with me to clean a foreclosed home for the bank. It is amazing that some people live the way they do. I will spare you details that would make you sick, but lets just say I am so thankful that we are done. It took WAY longer than we thought it would to clean. I used a shop vac to vacuum the first layer of filth and a toothbrush to scrub the floors. I hurt from my head, to my feet. Even my fingernails hurt to touch them. The smell of the house was even nasty (can you imagine what a house that hasn't been cleaned in years with 2 big dogs and at least one cat, that used the house as their restroom smelled like?) Really quite unbelievable and the sad thing is the children that are living like this grow up thinking this is normal. This is anything but normal!
Meanwhile, my sister closed on her condo and we had to quickly pack and move her this past week as well. I was going there at night and working on different projects. It is really quite fun (for me) to see what a difference some paint and a few cosmetic changes are going to make in her condo. LOVE the colors she picked out. I think things are going to come together nicely over there, it will take a little bit of time, but once it is all in place, I think it will be just perfect.
I found out some tragic news this week. Wednesday night I went to my friend Jen's house for a haircut. As we are talking she explains to me that if hair was on a scale from dark to light....1 being VERY dark (black) and 13 being bleach white, my natural color was around a 3 or 4. WHAT!! What happened to that beautiful blonde hair blue eyed little girl?? Do I need to get a new drivers licence?? Mine says: Eyes, blue ; Hair, BLONDE!!! It was a revelation that I think I will have to go into counseling over. What I thought was, is no longer....My reality is in fact no longer a reality. Shocking I know....I am still trying to wrap my brain around it.
Anyway, after my haircut, Jen and I sat down on her couch for a quick chat. It was about 10pm (I go for late haircuts...when all of our kids are in bed). It was a wonderful conversation, no little voices interrupting us, no phones ringing, no TVs, or computers to take our attention away. Just the two of us having an old fashioned girls talk. What felt like just a few minutes was more like a few hours and I found myself driving home at one in the morning. Although, it was not so smart for me to stay up so late, it was a God orchestrated time. One that I am truly thankful for. Jen is such a Godly women and I gleam so much from our conversations.
Well, that was a quick overview of my week. No pictures, cuz you truly don't want to see pictures of the house I cleaned. The next few days will continue to be crazy busy, since I have to try and catch up on my neglected house, continue helping at Laurie's and getting ready to spend next week at the cottage. Whew, that makes me tired just thinking about it :-)
Blessings!!
3 comments:
I have had the same revelation with my hair and it is a heart stopping feeling to realize that all that blonde is truly gone. I'm trying to deal with the reality of my natural hair color and not succumb to my deep desire to feel bleach and foil on my head. Sweet Jesus, I miss bleach and foil! It's shameful how much I want to pour chemicals on my head and how I can justify spending lots of $$$ on it.
Going natural is not an easy thing to do!!! I'm still trying to "wrap" my head around it!!
thanks for your kind words...you're welcome to sit on my couch 'til 1 am anytime!
Post a Comment