Monday, August 24, 2009

Romey

I know I am on a roll....this is blog #3 without a picture....Sorry!! Just had to say...

All three of my kids are healthy with no allergies. So how did I end up with a DOG that has a "sensitive stomach", can't eat regular dog food like Iams, and now has seasonal allergies!!

We have been noticing him scratching more and more and then yesterday he started to bit himself just at the top of his "tail". This morning I called the vet and they told me to bring him in. Last time I took a dog in "just to get checked out" I ended up leaving in tears b/c I was told she had bone cancer (that was 2 years ago this month...just saying...). So I was pretty fearful of what I was going to hear. But it's just allergies....he has to take benadryl (which I don't even have in the house, b/c my kids don't use it) and had to get a cortisone shot. I was told that I will be back next year for the same thing. I was also told that I caught it in time before his biting created a "hot spot" that would require antibiotics. YIKES!!

On a happy note, he is now up to 92.8 lbs and I am a happy Momma. His weight had been a bit low when we had gotten him and since we LOVE to run he was burning more calories than eating (hmm....taking note eat less + workout more = lose more weight). Plus the vet couldn't get over how beautiful and sweet he was. Just a big huge little love puppy, who thinks he is a lap dog! I love my dog!

Blessings!!

1 comment:

Mom P. said...

So that's why he was biting at his behind Saturday??!! That's too funny!!