Kevin had no idea that I was up and out of the house Saturday morning...in fact, I bet my race had started before he even opened his eyes. But my Micah was up (as usual) and had turned the TV on. I had been watching the news before I left to see the forecast, so when he turned the TV on he saw the weather. My buddy was so concerned, he went upstairs and asked Kevin..."Daddy have you been watching the news? You need to turn the news on, it doesn't look so good." Kev, turned on the TV and Micah then pointed out all the "green" that was on the radar, and how that wasn't so good for Mommy to be running in. It warmed my heart that he was so concerned for me.
***and for the record, Micah said that next year he was going come down to watch me race and take pictures...when asked how he was going to get down there he said "Daddy". Kevin might not have a choice about coming next year!***
When I walked in the backdoor, I was met by Jillian. She said "Hi Mommy. Did you have fun in your race?" "Yes, Jilli. Mommy had lots of fun." Jilli.."How did you do?" Me.."I did good" Jilli.."What place did you get...First? Me.."Umm, No I didn't get first, but Mommy is really happy with just finishing the race." Jilli.."Well I think you got first." then she walked away. What amazes me is that my kids think that I can do anything. That is an awesome feeling, not to be doubted, or looked at like your out of your mind. AND not only do they believe that I can do it, they even think that I can do it better than anyone else!
Blessings!
1 comment:
you CAN do anything! perfect mantra...
Post a Comment