Wednesday, May 20, 2009

All Things Bright and Beautiful

When I was in kindergarten my teacher, Mrs Koster, would ask us what songs we wanted to sing. I would always chose All Things Bright and Beautiful...I have no idea why, I just liked that song. As I was preparing for this post, I was thinking on that song and how true it was. God created everything beautiful. From the bugs, to the bees, to the flowers and even the seas (liked how I just rhymed that sentence). Anyway, I just thought that I would share with you some of the Bright and Beautiful that has been planted in our yard this spring.

Kevin has been busy working hard. He has moved 10 yards of cedar chips by himself. Normally, I partake in this duty, but this year I seemed to get out of it. He has redone all of our flower borders. We have moved plants around, killed off plants we didn't like and added some new ones.
We are very excited with the changes that has happened around here. I should have thought to take a picture of what our landscaping is looking like, maybe I can do that tomorrow, but it sure is pretty.

We went to Garden Crossings to pick out our plants. I am sad to say it was my first time ever going there. Kevin had been there a few times, but for me and the kids it was a first. What a beautiful greenhouse. It is owned by Kevin's cousins and it is a first class place. They ship plants all over the USA. They grow stuff that is different than your average greenhouse. Check out their website, they are located in Zeeland Mi, but if you are not from around here, they will ship it too you. Something else I liked about the plants from Garden Crossings, is they are bigger than what you typically buy, so they are more established, easier to grow. Love, Love, Love the plants we bought!



Back to the planting....What does a homeschool Mom do when there are chores to be done?? Make it into school! Perfect! Love my job! The kids got a big kick out of it too. Helping plant is a lot of fun! For some reason, I don't have a picture of Miss Jilli Joy planting anything. Partly because she didn't want to get her hands dirty, so she only planted one (and I didn't have my camera ready). Sometimes she can be so girly! Then other times she wants to take her shirt off and play like the boys.

This year I am trying my hand at clematis. I have wanted to make our dog fence more beautiful for years, but never pulled the trigger, until this year. We bought three different varieties and planted them along the fence. I will be sure to show you some pics of the beautiful flowers that are going to be blooming! The very first picture, in this posting, is one of the clematis' and the below is another. My third kind has yet to bloom, but it is a small white flower that is going to smell oh so good!

If you want to check out what Garden Crossings has, you can click on the name and it will send you right to their website.

Blessings!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Thanks for the plug:)
Youwill have to take pictures of the clematis when they bloom and show them to me. I forget which ones did you get. I know terniflora, but the other two i don;t remember.
Also the ground cover likes to be more on the dry side than the wet side. FYI