Yesterday, I ran 6 miles with my friend Jodi. Our last big run before the 10k race this Saturday. After we got back, my head just started to throb. I am not sure why. I still took the kids for a bike ride and to the park, but my head was hurting so bad...by the end of the night it hurt to even move my head. I had taken medication, but it really didn't seem to help.
When putting the kids to bed, we always pray with each of them. After I got done praying for Tyler, he turned around and without saying a word to me, he put my head in his hands started praying to our Heavenly Father. He prayed that God would remove my headache and that when I woke up this morning my head would no longer hurt.
Talk about one of those moments that your heart could just break...When I think that our kids aren't learning how to depend on our Heavenly Father...they are. Hopefully, prayerfully by example.
This last month I have been leaning heavy on God, it has been a wonderful time for me. Reading the scriptures, and applying them to my life. It has been a growing time, God has been pruning me, molding me, and though it isn't always fun and easy, it's reward is worth all the pain. I guess Tyler has been watching me, I guess Tyler has been listening to me pray about everything under the sun. I guess Tyler has been learning how to go to the Only One who can heal a sick Momma.
This morning when I woke up.......my headache was gone. When I told Tyler, he just had this smirk on his face and walked away. He KNEW I would be fine this morning...why?? Because he BELIEVES in the power of prayer.
Thank you Tyler for praying for me, thank you for putting your faith into action. God's Blessings are truly on you!
1 comment:
Oh for the faith of a child. That gave me tears.
Post a Comment