I am going to try and make this quick.....
Friday morning I woke up and went to get out of bed and fainted. Took me about 30 min before I could stand upright with out falling over. Saturday morning I fainted again. I tried calling for Kevin who was downstairs, but he didn't hear me. I crawled to the stairs and slide down them, and then fainted again. Kevin found me at the base of the stairs.
We checked my sugar and it was normal, we checked my blood pressure and it was fairly normal as well. Anytime I tried to lift my head I would pass out or get very close to it, I would at times have a hard time speaking as well. I was on the floor for about an hour until Kevin and I felt that I could be moved to the couch (12 ft away from where I was laying). We were able to speak with my Doctor who thought that it was related to my ears, but could not rule out a stroke. He put me on steroids and an anti nausea med. After taking the meds I could get up but was very dizzy and very tired.
I was sleeping a lot, and taking a lot of naps (like 30 min naps every few hours...not normal for me). Everything was spinning all the time. I took myself off the anti nausea meds in hopes that I would not be so tired all the time.
Yesterday, I still was not feeling much better, so I called the Doctor again. I had spoken to our neighbor who is an ER doc and she was very concerned that I might be having small strokes, another reason I wanted to be seen.
After my appointment, my Doctor was still convinced that it is just my ears... which is the best news possible, but he can't rule out a stroke unless I have an MRI. Which I am not sure I really want/need to do. With our insurance we would have to pay a lot of money for me to have one...and if it is just my ears than why waste all that money.
There it is in a nutshell...I am feeling some what better today, but still have many dizzy spells and I am still feeling quite tired. I am not driving yet either which kind of is annoying.
Praying that it IS just my ears and all will be normal very soon!
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment