The first day of the New Year, (also my Dad's Birthday).
How many of us look back to see where we were at the beginning of 2008 and where we ended? Take stock of where we would like to be at the end of 2009?
This has been a big year for me. I started things that I never thought that I would or could...like running. At the beginning of the year I couldn't even run (downhill) to the end of my street, without breathing so heavy that I had to stop to catch my breath. At my peak this year I could run 6 miles. I plan on going even further in 2009.
This past year has been a year of reflecting on my beliefs. What I believe and why I believe them. Just because it's tradition doesn't mean that it is Godly... Getting into my Bible and finding out what the Bible says about different situations. Having the courage to question God and except his answers.
Learning to let go of "things". God has been teaching me about what is most important in my life. Thinking about Abraham and how God told him to sacrifice his only son....HIS CHILD...and Abraham obeying him until God provided another way...how selfish and foolish of me to want and desire the things of this world and not be willing to give it all away for the sake of my Heavenly Father. When Abraham was willing to KILL his own child for God....I know I don't have that faith....but that is the kind of faith I am working towards.
Learning more and more what it means to be a homeschooling Mom. Loving my days with my children. Loving the role that I have in their life. Forever grateful to my husband for his support in this journey.
Taking a serious look at the health and safety of my family. Taking steps to ensure the health and safety of them for years to come.
Some other small but not any less significant changes. My oldest started losing his baby teeth (four to this date), all signs of the baby years has left the house. Tyty riding a two wheel bike. Becoming an aunt (by birth) for the first time. The boys discovering the wonderful world of swimming underwater. I could go on and on.
Looking ahead to this next year, kind of scares me. I know that my Father has everything in control. It is my job to listen to is voice and follow his plan for us. Some of the things I am feeling called to do is be a louder voice for Christ. To continue my journey on becoming more reliant on God and his provision. To use what God has blessed me with to it's fullest, not taking anything for granted.
Watching and waiting to see what God has for us in this next year... Will this be the year that He comes again??? Are we ready for His return??
Have a blessed New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment