I am exhausted to say the least. I haven't slept in my bed for two nights. The first night I got maybe an hour of sleep between taking care of Micah and Jillian who were at that point, both getting sick every half hour. Then I took about an hour nap yesterday, but slept through a bout that Micah had and told myself that I couldn't fall asleep again, in case I was not awake to take care of my babies when they were throwing up.

Our TV has had more use in the last two days than it sees in weeks. It has been on almost 24/7. Horrible, but I am thankful that we have cable right now. There is a variety of shows that my kids can watch at any given time. I am even allowing Tyler to watch as much as he wishes.
Speaking of Tyler. Yesterday he ate cereal for breakfast and lunch, dinner he finally had about 8pm. Today he ate cereal for breakfast and is working on his lunch of crackers and chips. I just have no energy to do anything except keep the laundry going, and keeping the "throw up pots" clean. Which by the way, my new washer and dryer has been such a wonderful blessing! They have made being sick so much easier.

Last night Micah was able to sleep in his bed since he was no longer throwing up. I was upgraded to Micah's vacated spot and I got to sleep on the couch. Jilli slept on a makeshift bed on the floor. It was another long night, but I think I slept about 4 hours which was wonderful. This morning I woke up when Kevin came downstairs to get ready for work, but that was the last thing I remember until Micah was waking me up telling me Jilli needed help in the bathroom. Uhhh, sleeping so hard that I can't hear my daughter calling for me....that is so scary and frustrating! So again I have adopted the rule of no sleeping today.
I have yet to shower, again because I can't leave for fear of Jilli getting sick and me not being able to help her. Although I have brushed my teeth and washed my face....but those things can be done down here with both ears listening for cries of help. Oh and I am still in my jammies....just cuz they are comfy.
Kevin has been wonderful through all of this. Diarrhea and vomiting doesn't turn his stomach, so he is right in the trenches with me. The first night when both kids were sick he would run down here if he heard things getting "messy", just to help even though he needed his sleep to go to work. He doesn't mind that all I have been doing is taking care of the kids and laying around on the floor/couch. That I didn't make him supper last night or that I am still in my jammies with no make-up on when he arrives home at the end of the day. He is loving me through it all.
I hope that tonight I will be able to sleep in my own bed, and that all the kids will sleep through the night. Continuing to pray that Tyler and I don't come down with this and that we didn't pass this on to anyone unknowingly.
Blessings!
2 comments:
I remember those days! Somehow the Lord wills a mom through it. Thank God for wonderful husbands that don't mind the vomiting!! I never would have made it through those bouts without dad (seeing as I would throw up if I had to clean it up)!! This to shall pass!!
awe - those pics make me want to cry! They look so sad :( (yet Tyler looks cozy)....
We'll keep you ALL in our prayers - pray that the vomit makes it into the toilet or bowls : )
-Kelli
Post a Comment