We are finally on the road back to health, which we are so thankful for. I am praying that we make it a week without anyone else getting sick (which pretty much means me) and then I will consider us all completely better.
Tomorrow we need to get back into the swing of things.....which means, TV off, no wii or computer games and back to school stuff. It will be a hard adjustment for the students and the teacher.
Today we skipped church again. For obvious reasons and hung out here. Kevin and the kids went outside for awhile this afternoon. Kevin got the sledding run going again. It's been a hard winter for that since we get lots of snow and then it melts. Hopefully we will be able to keep the run up for awhile. He isn't icing it this year (too much work) so it will just have to get more icy as the kids continue to use it. I will have to go outside and take pictures so you can all see what it looks like ( I get cold just thinking of it Brrr.)
We played lots of games today. Micah is really becoming quite the checkers/chess player. Family Uno attack games are also a lot of fun. Our kids love to play games!
I was able to get caught up on our laundry (in 3 loads ladies!!! Love my new washing machine!!). Now normally, Sunday is not the day that I do any housework. Kev and I really believe in Sunday being our day of rest. But since we had been sick I needed to do all the laundry that got put aside for the "sick laundry". Jilli was a huge help. We would fold the laundry coming out of the dryer. She would run and put the easy stuff away that she folded (like washcloths and towels). Then I would tell her to empty the washer laundry into the dryer. I would have the next load of clothes in a basket so once the washer was empty she would put the next load in. By the time she got that all done, I had put all the clothes we just folded away. She loves to work along side of me....My little homemaker in the making.
At the close of the day Kevin made us all a wonderful little treat (it was my supper....shh...I am not yet in training for the Riverbank run). Can you tell what it is?? A root beer float. The root beer was half frozen from being in our garage (that's how cold it is here). We took all the pop in to warm up... especially the diet pop since last year we learned that diet pop freezes AND explodes at a much higher temp than regular pop (thanks to my cousin Richard and his Wife Jennifer for the scientific explanation of that.) Haha!

I am so thankful this week is now done. It was longer than I ever imagined a week could be. It pushed my limits in many different areas. I saw areas that I am strong and areas that I am weak and need to work on. God gave me strength when I was too tired to even think. He also gave me my Mom who I could call at 10pm and say "now what do I do Mom?" I usually knew the answers, but it always helps to have your Mom tell you what to do.
I am excited for this next week. We had to put off some plans from last week that I am anxious to do. I am attempting to be more of a home"maker" and my good friend Kaira is attempting to teach me how. So stay tuned for what "I" am going to make.
Blessings!
2 comments:
The root beer floats must be a dad thing, Jim makes them for our kids too...how funny
that float looks SO good... maybe kevin can make those for dessert next time we are over? please, pretty please, with a cherry on the top???
Post a Comment