Monday, January 5, 2009

We Made It To...

January 3, 2009 @ 10:01pm, when the flu erupted in Tyler's bed.


This has been a good year for us, not one cold as of yet and no flu....until Saturday night. Last year (2007), we started with the flu the first week of October and battled it the rest of winter. I am attributing our healthiness too two main reasons.
1. I have either kept the windows open a crack at night or I open them in the morning for about an hour. This helps get rid of stale air and brings in fresh healthy air.
2. I have been giving my children Vit D pills (crushed and sprinkled on cereal or homemade bread) every morning. They don't even know I do it.


Here is an article on Vit D...read it and be informed! http://www.lewrockwell.com/miller/miller27.html
(in case you are wondering....I, after many years of getting the flu shot, have decided not to get one or have my children get one.)


Back to the flu thing. Thankfully so far it hasn't spread to the rest of the family, but the general rule is you are still contagious until you have gone 5 days without symptoms (which include diarrhea). I have a long 5 day wait, in hopes that no one else will come down with it.


In the mean time we are having fun watching our new washer and dryer. They were installed on Dec 31st and it has sure come in handy with all the laundry the flu generates. I am still wondering how the washer can clean so well without very much water or agitation.

Obviously these pictures are of Jilli, but imagine...if you will... a 30 something mother of three, doing the same thing the 3yr old is doing.....comical, good thing there are no pictures of that!!! Blessings!

1 comment:

Kaira said...

I get that - we watched ours for hours, literally. Steve finally did a little research to figure out how it does clean so well. It doesn't make much sense to me but I'm happy as can be with our new ones!