I don't have anything creative to write about, but I am trying to ignore the computer work that I am supposed to be doing... so I am going to post a few pictures from Big Sable Lighthouse in Ludington. These pictures were taken in November when we were camping.
This first one is looking out one of the port holes as we were climbing the many steps to the top.
This one is still out of a port hole but almost to the top of our climb. Look closely and you can see our bikes.
This one was taken just before we were invited in to the lighthouse to take a personal tour. The lighthouse was closed for the season, but since there were volunteers closing it up, they asked if we would like to go in. After we climbed to the top and back down we also got a tour of the basement. It was really cool to get to go where most people never get to see. I think we have seen all but one section of the lighthouse. A few years ago, before it opened for the season, we got a tour of the living quarters upstairs. What a great place to spend some time. Maybe someday Kevin and I can go be lighthouse keepers for a week...
Enough stalling, guess I better get to work...Blessings!!
No comments:
Post a Comment