Saturday, July 11, 2009

Race Day...4th of July

The race last Saturday was fun. I am very happy with my time. My goal was to be under a 10 minute mile pace. I finished with a 9:53 min/mile pace(time of 30:39). WooHoo!! I was proud of myself.

I am also proud of my brother Tim, sister-in-law Melissa, and her family. Tim's time was 25:53, Melissa's time was 31:35. For it being her first race and only the second time she ever ran 3.2 miles she did a fantastic job! Now on to "Grandma Molly".
Grandma Molly is from Peru and to be kind I am not going to give her age, but lets just say she was in the 59-65 yr old division and she came in first place (of her division) at 30:26. And for those of you that are a little slow.....yes, she beat me....she said that the people clapping and telling her she was doing a good job, SLOWED HER DOWN. But because I think she is very sweet (even though we don't speak the same language), and I think she is especially cute, I am not going to hold against her that I am about half her age and she beat me. Big of me isn't it :-)
We are all excited for next year, Melissa said she has recruited even more runners for next year.



Blessings!!

No comments: