I receive another call from a friend, through our conversation I tell her of what I had just heard. She tells me more information that just horrifies me. New things that I haven't heard before, I feel like God is calling me to take a stand.
I get a knock at the front door. Who could be here....it's raining, snowing, hailing, windy, cold....A friend stands at the front door with a book in her hand, "you have to read this book, Lyn". Is God trying to speak to me today?? Am I missing something important that is right in front of my face and I am not seeing it? Lord show me...
I have been reading the book, Wednesday Mourning, for the past few hours. I am overwhelmed at the stories that my eyes are reading and my heart is feeling. Can I take one moment and dwell where God wants me to dwell? Can I really let myself go to a place that is so ugly people refuse to acknowledge it? If I allow myself just one moment, I will be a changed person, no longer being able to be silent.......I am a changed person. Now I must speak my heart, God's heart.
Psalm 139 states: "For you created my inmosts being; you knit me together in my mother's womb....My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place....your eyes saw my UNFORMED BODY. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
I believe that life starts at the moment of conception. Before I ever knew I was carrying a little Micah, God knew. He knew he would be a gentle caring spirit.He saw my son's unformed body, he knew all the days ordained for him.

God knew that I would have a son and name him Tyler, He knew that, that crazy kid would bring so much love and laughter to our lives. God knew...he planned him that way.

God knew that I would have a daughter named Jillian, He knew that she would bring us so much happiness, He saw her unformed body and fixed it!

How can I be silent, when I know how many babies die each day and are never given the chance? Who are those nameless babies that have their brains sucked out. Graphic I know, but there is nothing pretty about murder and please don't fool yourself into thinking that it's OK, even if the mother's life is at stake. It is medically proven, 100% of the time, a partial birth abortion is NOT needed to save the mother's life. Satan has put blinders on us, he has allowed us to stop feeling grief over the loss of so many precious and beautiful babies. I am also, very convicted that it is NOT ok to take a life because of rape. My mother was a product of rape...I would not be here if her mother didn't choose life. What Satan intends for evil God uses for good!
I have a choice, to be silent, not cause waves...this is the road I usually walk. But today, God calls me to speak and not be silent....so God, here it goes....
I can not under good conscience vote for a man that is "pro abortion". I can not vote for a man that votes for partial birth abortions. I can not vote for a man that wants to use MY MONEY (taxes) to pay for murder. I can not vote for a man that wants to do stem cell research and destroy embryo's. I can not vote for a man THAT WANTS TO CLONE HUMAN LIFE! God and God alone is the author of life. I understand that this country needs change, but this kind of change will only lead to the death of this once blessed nation. Please take the time to read this article, be informed. http://www.citizenlink.org/content/A000008450.cfm
I don't want to to stand in front of God on Judgement day with blood on my hands from the killings of countless babies, that my tax money was used for.
If a man disregards life so easily, then he disregards God.
God lead me to some scripture that I would like to share...
2 Corinthians 11:3 But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent's cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ. 11:13-14 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, masquerading as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.
I understand that this might anger some, but when the Lord calls me to speak as painful and hard as it is for me, I must obey...
4 comments:
This about sums it up:
"If a man disregards life so easily, then he disregards God"
Yes, he disregards God and mocks Christianity by claiming our sacred faith. We, as Christ followers, must be the voice for the ones who will never speak for themselves. First, we must vote according to the will of God. Second, we must DO something. We can all do something.
I love this post and believe it will speak into the hearts of those who have not hardened to the Holy Spirit of God.
way to go Lyn!
I just posted a little video for you to check out.
Did you say it this morning? Don't forget :)
Now for my 3rd comment to you - because this is easier than going to my email right now...
here's an interesting blog I think you and Kevin will really like, sort of taking what we talked about (throwing away a vote) one step further. Just wanted to share.
http://www.randyalcorn.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment