Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Things that made me smile

So often I find myself dwelling on the negative of life, so while I was camping with the kids the last few weeks, I kept a list of things that brought a smile to my face. Here are a few of them.


While driving to the store we saw a women walking her dog...on a riding lawnmower.


Listening to the rain fall softly on the roof while laying in bed with my beautiful Micah.


Having a picnic supper on the floor of the trailer which consisted of chips, popcorn, strawberries with whipping cream and pop...don't you love camping:-)


Micah grabbing his cup of pop and saying..."I'm going to sit right here by the fire and enjoy my pop."


1:30am....BANG!!! I go running to discover Tyler had fallen out of bed and landed on Jilli's bed and never woke up. I even moved him back into his bed without him waking up.


Listening to my children having a "party" in their room when they are supposed to be going to sleep. They would giggle for 2 hours after I put them to bed. One night I tried to go in the room and the door was blocked by all of their sleeping bags piled in front of the door. I couldn't get mad. Someday they will look back and remember all the fun they had when they were supposed to be sleeping.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First - I love the fact that you had time to take a picture of Tyler, after we fell out of bed!
Second - I'm sad that you only had 7 things that made you smile over the past couple weeks! : )~

-Kelli