Monday, April 7, 2008

Sleep Over

I wasn't planning on posting tonight, but my life has been turned upside down, so I thought I would share it with all of you. My boys are having their first sleepover at a friend's house tonight. Noah (and his brave parents) invited the boys to watch the movie Alvin and the Chipmunk's, make cookies and spend the night. The good thing....Noah lives right across the street, so if there is any second thoughts about staying, we are only a 2 minute walk away.

The boys had been at Noah's house playing and about 8pm they burst into the back door exclaiming that they had to go pack, they were having a sleepover with Noah. I have never seen the boys move so fast to gather their stuff. They ran upstairs and I hear Micah calling for a suitcase! My boys are growing up! Noah called a few minutes later to say that they were home from getting the movie and that the boys could come back over. Micah said "OK, OK, we are all packed and ready", while Mommy is thinking that SHE isn't ready for this. I was just listening to Family Life Today on the radio about "empty nesters" and thinking that it was a long time before I had to worry about that....WRONG! Today is a sleepover, tomorrow is college...
(the boys running to Noah's house, lightsabers in hand)

I remember my first sleepover, it was at my friend house that lived right down the street from us. She had an upstairs bedroom, but she made a huge mistake. She told me there was a monster outside her window. I started crying and asking to go home. She tried to right the wrong, but she couldn't, I was already scared, so my Dad came and got me (I thought it was the middle of the night, but I think it was probably only 10pm). After that disastrous sleepover, I would only stay at my cousin's house (who was my best-friend and partner in crime). I can honestly say that Richard's house (my cousin) was the only house I really felt comfortable sleeping over at, from that day on. This is the same cousin who is getting married this summer and Tyler is going to be the "ringybear". The circle of life....

Check in tomorrow to see if they made it through the night. Before Micah left he told me he didn't know how long he would stay there...he thought that maybe he would come home after dinner tomorrow...HaHaHa. Kev thinks we will be getting a phone call, I am going to take the cautiously optimistic route (mainly because it will probably be me walking over there in the night, if one of them wants to come home).


Blessings!

No comments: