All day yesterday Micah was asking when we could leave for his practice. It got a little much when we were in the car driving there and Micah asks for the hundredth time what time practice was. I just about lost it. I told him that he had been waiting all day, he could wait 3 more minutes for us to get there.

Micah, really did very good. He hit good and knew more about the game than a lot of the kids. I was kind of worried about that. We have had neighborhood ball games, but I haven't really sat down and spelled out all the rules and terminology for him. Yesterday Micah, Tyler and I spent about 2 hours playing ketch and practicing hitting the ball. We had a lot of fun, but I was still concerned that he was going to be one of the only kids that didn't have a clue.
Something else that was kind of interesting to me is the size Micah is compared kids his same age. Being that he is not in school, I don't really have the chance to see how big he really is. I think that all 6 yr olds are as big as he is and that is not the case. He was one of the biggest kids, if not the biggest. I guess I should believe all doctor charts when they say he is in the 95% for height and weight.
So the second first for the family is for me. Hold your seats....I started training yesterday for a 5K run. I know, I know, I have NEVER ran except when I was made too in gym class, but even then it was very half hearted. I have never enjoyed the heavy breathing, lungs hurting, knees breaking, hot sweaty sport. It is amazing what happens when your pastor's wife talks you into something. You can add me all to your prayer lists!!! Another neighbor of mine (Marla) was also talked into this crazy idea by Raquel (the wonderful motivational pastor's wife), and she has been training for 2 wks now. We are going to be running together and Raquel will be joining us starting next week. Stay tuned for this miracle of all miracle stories!(sorry, no pictures of this hysterical event)
Blessings!
2 comments:
I think Micah's light saber skills and Power Ranger playing might pay off in the long run. Looks like he has a good stroke...remember Micah...keep your eye on the ball.
Now Lyn, congrats on deciding to run a 5k. They say that running can be addictive because of a euphoria that can be felt (after the initial pain of course). Good luck!
thank you 4 the advise - micah
(Micah typed this all)
Post a Comment