Tuesday, March 13, 2012

On our way to the Washington Monument

One of the places in DC that I really wanted my kids to see was the Washington Monument.  The only reason is because I remember it so vividly when my parents took me (& siblings) to DC when I was a little girl.  The only downfall is that you can't go in it right now because of the earthquake several months ago.  It was damaged and needs to be fixed before they open it to the public again.

As we were heading towards the monument my eyes spied policemen on horseback.  Ok, in my book, that ranks right up there with the Monument.  Even better, they stopped on a grassy hill, in front of the Monument.  Can you say perfect!

My Dad captured the paparazzi moving in for the shot....
And the shot that I captured...
The picture Jilli captured...
The picture Micah captured...

As you could tell by the pictures, the Monument wasn't really the subject of their attention.  It just happened to be in the background. 

So those of you who know me well, know that I couldn't just stop to take a picture.  There had to be a conversation with these two police officers and for Jilli, there had to be time to pet the horses (we asked first of course).
Dad's Picture

Laurie's Picture
Laurie's Picture

No one got a picture of Jilli petting the horses, but she did!  And I learned everything I ever wanted to know about the equine police force, in DC.

Blessings!!

No comments: