Thursday, March 22, 2012

Kind Abe

I remember as a little girl, standing at the feet of Abraham Lincoln's huge statue and thinking, that is the biggest man I have ever seen, but he sure has a kind face.  Why it didn't click with me that the actual man was no where near that size (even though he was tall) and why I though he had a kind face, I still don't get...

As we walked to the Lincoln Memorial, still a distance away, there sits Abe, larger than life, all lit up.  Even as an adult, it is huge.  Funny how I didn't remember all the steps you had to walk up to get to him, but now as an adult, my legs remembered each and every one of those steps for the next week.
And there he sits... He hasn't moved in all these years...

I asked my sister to take a picture of the kids and I with Abe in the background.  Maybe someday, my kids will remember this moment, recall how big he was, and how kind his face looked and can look at this picture and smile.  Making memories...

***************

Two things happened today that I had to laugh about.

First, Micah was googling something that he was looking for and up pops "how to delete cookies", he laughs and says "I'll tell you how to delete cookies, you EAT them!"  Kev and I had a good laugh about that.

Second, as I was putting Jilli to bed tonight, she asked me what it means to get "bath-tized".  I had to bite my tongue to keep from laughing.  I explained what being "baptized" was and why we do it.  Then she asked me what the significance of crossing your arms over your chest was.  LOVE her questions, it shows me that she is thinking.

Well, that is it for tonight, tomorrow I should wake up to a little cooler weather.  It will only be in the 70's... It's gonna get down right cold the next few days, our highs are only going to be in the low 60's (still 15 degrees above normal for this time of year). Time to haul out the winter jackets again..... JUST KIDDING!!


No comments: