As I am going through all my DC pictures I realized that I am still on day 1 of our trip. Man, just looking at these pictures reminds me of how much walking we did on that first day.
The last post of DC that I shared pictures of the two mounted police and the Washington Monument. After that we went to the Holocaust Museum (which was fabulous, but you can't take pictures there). When we left the museum we still had a full schedule of things to see.
The cool thing was that I have never seen the monuments all lit up at night. It was pretty cool.
The World War II Memorial was new since I was there as a little girl. It was impressive. Each star & each star's reflection represents a lost life.
Each State that was represented in the war had it's own recognition as well.
The funny thing is that now I have seen the WWII memorial at night, I want to see it in the daylight. Kev would say that I'm never satisfied...
*********
In other news, we hit an all time record for the warmest day in the month of March EVER. They have been keeping records for 150yrs, and this is the hottest day reaching 86 today. Praying that we don't get a arctic blast that kills all the flowers that are blooming. Everything has come out about 4 weeks ahead of schedule. This is Michigan, we've had snow in June... anything can happen!
Blessings!!




No comments:
Post a Comment