In our little piece of the world we had what they are calling "The Blizzard of 2011". It was a fantastic little storm. I had been just a little jealous of my East Coast family and all the fun snow storms they have been having while the biggest snow dump we had had this winter was maybe 4 inches. Which is basically a dusting of snow in my book, not even worth forecasting and talking about.
Wednesday was the day the storm was to arrive. I went to the store just to grab eggs and milk, and you should have seen the people. Droves of them grabbing all their"essentials", funny to see what people think are essentials. Anyway, there I was among all the craziness, loving it. Praying that this storm we were supposed to get would really smack us hard. I drove back home and we hunkered down waiting for the storm to hit. And we waited, and waited, and watched, but not much was happening. All the snow that they said was coming was just gently falling, but nothing major.
The wind started blowing, and it started to snow harder, but still.... nothing like I had pictured in my mind. We put the kids to bed and watched the TV, still waiting. Reporters were out all over the place reporting on this "storm". But we really didn't see anything more that was worth reporting. Both of us skeptical that we would really get the snow they said we were going to get. We went to bed and Kevin said, "it's going to have to really start snowing soon, I guess we will see what we wake up too."
2 am Jilli started to cough. Kevin woke me up and asked me to get her some medicine. As I was walking to her room I looked out a window and couldn't see down the street. I turned around and told Kevin to get out of bed and see how hard it was snowing. It made my heart happy that we would wake up to a thick blanket of white.
We we rolled out of bed in the morning we came down the stairs to a beautiful, clean, white layer of freshly fallen snow. Then it happened. Kevin spotted his beloved snowplow with the V-blade on it coming down the street at us. He was so excited he woke up Tyler and Jilli with his enthusiasm. We watched as it cut a path in the snow.

Then another one came flying down the street, this one had a huge orange blade on it. We went running outside to see it come down our street into our cul-de-sac. It was exciting. We all decided to quickly get dressed, eat breakfast and get outside to play in our winter wonderland.

Kevin spent the next 4 hours clearing out 5 driveways and our sidewalks. The snowblower broke down at least twice that I saw, but he didn't give up. He even helped our new neighbors from Kenya clear their driveway. They told him they had never seen so much snow!

With all this snow Kevin was able to get the sled-run up and going. I have lots of pictures to share of that. So stay tuned!
Blessings!!
1 comment:
you guys have a sweet hill for a sled run!! I remember when Dad use to make igloos w/ us... Can't wait to do that w/ L!!!
-Kelli
Post a Comment